Friday, December 2, 2011

Gingerbread Men / Women


Hi again,

Yesterday I made some gingerbread men/women for some of my friends' children. Plus, I love eating gingerbread cookies and kept some extras for me, lol. I love the winter season...although I don't live anywhere with snow, but do love how gingerbread is most popular around this time. I've included the recipe to make royal icing. If you don't want to make it from scratch, grocery stores do sell the gingerbread dough and royal icing. You can find a variety of cookie cutters at Michaels, Jo Anns, Walmart, Target, etc.




Royal Icing Recipe

Ingredients

3 Egg Whites
4 cups of Confectioner Sugar
Food Coloring (optional)
Candy (optional)

Directions

1) In the bowl of a standing mixer with a whisk attachment, add the egg whites and beat on medium speed until frothy. Decrease the speed to low and slowly add the confectioner sugar. Increase the speed to medium high and whisk for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the icing is smooth, shiny and thick.

2) Place in a piping bag with a small round tip and decorate cookie.


1 comment: