Saturday, October 8, 2011

Crispy Chicken Wings

Hi again,

Last night I was craving for some KFC, but was not in the mood to spend money nor drive anywhere. Plus, I had some chicken wings in my fridge thawing, so I decided to make my own version of KFC's original chicken recipe. Although I was lacking a few of their seasonings, it tasted close enough, in my opinion.

I seasoned both the chicken wings and the flour to give it some extra taste, used my cast iron and fried that baby up! lol. It took roughly about 12-16 minutes to cook on medium heat, but do keep in mind that it depends how new or old your stove is, etc. I coated the chicken wings with 2 eggs, then rolled it in my seasoned flour (repeat twice), then fry. You can add whatever else you want when you seasoned the chicken and the flour. You can also use drumsticks, chicken breast, etc., but do remember that the cooking time will vary as well. To ensure that your chicken is well cook, do slice it to check the inside, also make sure the coating is fried to a nice gold brown color. Happy cooking!

Seasonings used:

  • Salt
  • Black Pepper
  • Garlic Powder
  • Onion Powder
  • Paprika

2 comments: