Saturday, October 8, 2011

It's Boba Time!


Hi again,

It's been awhile due to my hectic work/life schedule, nonetheless, I haven't forgotten you nor the blog :o)

I love boba! Some of my favorite flavors are honeydew, taro, mango, coconut, and chocolate milk tea or slushy boba. What is boba you ask? According to wikipedia, "It is the name for pearl milk tea and other similar tea and juice beverages that originated in tea shops in Taichung City, Taiwan during the 1980s". It is a favorite among the Asians and other ethnicities. It's fun to hangout with friends and family in boba tea shops, but does add up when buying bobas. I started buying the bobas (tapioca black pearls) at my local oriental supermarket, along with some of my favorite flavor powders to make the drink. It saves me money and I can make it however I like. It's so easy, especially if you have a magic bullet! The black pearls normally take about 5 minutes, depending on the brand and directions on the package and it doesn't need a lot of ingredients to make the drink. If you're ever in the mood or have the cravings, you should check out your oriental supermarket and see if they have the ingredients to make it.

Tapioco Pearls



Honeydew milk tea boba

1 comment: