I recently celebrated my 30+ birthday and I decided to treat myself to a molten lava cake by baking it myself. My hubby isn't really a baker, more over a chef, so I decided to bake this yummy cake on my birthday. It was a very simple recipe to bake with ingredients out of your pantry or kitchen.
What is a molten lava cake? It is a flourless chocolate cake and a souffle mixed together with chocolate fondant pudding inside. When cutting the cake, the chocolate fondant pudding in the center is still runny where it comes sliding out like a lava on a volcano.
Microwave - 2 minutes
Oven - 425 degrees for 22 minutes
- Ramiken (4)
- Glass measuring cup (Large)
- Cooking oil spray
- 1/2 cup all purpose-flour
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 6 squares chopped of Baker's semi sweet chocolate or 1/2 cup of semi sweet baking chocolate chips
- 6 eggs (3 whole and 3 yolks)
- 1 tsp vanilla Extract
- 1 stick of butter (pieces)
- Melt butter and semi sweet chocolate in a glass measuring cup for 2 minutes (no more, no less) and mix well after melted.
- Add flour, powdered sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and mix well.
- Grease ramikens (4), pour mixture halfway.
- Bake for only 22 minutes at 425 degrees, no more, no less, into the oven.
- Once baked, slide knife around the edges of the cake and place on plate or bowl upside down.
- Et voila! Enjoy with a scoop or two of ice cream and topped of with powdered sugar.