Monday, August 15, 2011

For The Love Of: Peanut Butter and Oats Dog Biscuits

Hi again!

I have a 10 month old pup named Bree. I've learned so much from her and about her. I love spoiling her with dog treats, toys, and dog essentials that it is starting to get expensive. Some of my friends at the dog park have started to bake their own dog biscuits, which I thought was a good idea. Although they have not shared with me their own recipes, I decided to find some recipes that were easy to make and bake.

For the dog lovers and owners, here is a recipe you should try out. Your dog will love it! With this recipe, I have made one half just plain peanut butter and the second half with peanut butter and oats. It's a 2 in 1 recipe!

Peanut Butter and Oats Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups whole-wheat flour
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1 cup peanut butter (smoothed preferred)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup oatmeal

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, mix peanut butter and milk. Add wet mixture to dry, and mix well. Divide dough in half and put the second half in another bowl. Add oatmeal only on one half of the dough and mix well.

Turn out dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Knead each dough separately. Roll out to 1/4-inch thickness and cut out shapes with any cookie cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Cool on a rack and store in an airtight container.

Makes about 20-30 dog biscuits.



No comments:

Post a Comment