Saturday, September 17, 2011

Crispy, garlic, lemon zest tilapia


Hi again,

For dinner, I was craving for some fish and do like the lightness and taste of a tilapia. I decided to play around with some different flavors to dress up the tilapia a bit. I seasoned the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to give it some additional taste, as well as seasoning the fish. In addition, I added some lemon zest to the bread crumbs to give it a little bit of a citrus punch to it. As much as I am trying to stay away from frying my food, I had to fry the breaded tilapia 4-6 minutes on each side to give it the extra crispiness it needed. When done, I squeezed a bit of fresh lemon juice from the lemon used to zest on the fish. As for the meal, I added brown rice, sweet corn on the cob (but scraped off for my benefit), and homemade tarter sauce made by the hubs. It was very delicious and almost a healthy meal to have for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment