Thursday, September 8, 2011

Homemade Natural Lip Scrubs


Hi again!

I love making homemade natural things, such as lip scrubs. I've been requested by a few on how to make a simple sugar lip scrub using natural ingredients found in your kitchen. I recently purchased a lip scrub in "sweet lips" from Lush, chocolate scented/flavored lip scrub that is 0.8 oz and cost about $8.95 USD. A small container filled with sugar, added oils and extracts, didn't seem to be as reasonable or cost effective as my own lip scrub. My alternative is cheaper, more moisturizing, and does the job by smoothing your lips and making it more softer. You can put the sugar lip scrub in a small container that I found at Dollar Tree, Michaels, Jo Anns, or any other craft store, which can last you for a few months if used once a week or so. My advice is to use the lip scrub over your sink, because it can be really messy.

Here are two recipes to try out. Try them and let me know what you think. Happy spa day!



Lemon and Honey Lip Scrub Ingredients:

1/4 tsp of fresh squeezed lemon
1/2 tbsp of honey
1 tsp of white sugar

(adjust ingredients if necessary)

Honey and Brown Sugar Lip Scrub Ingredients:

1/2 tbsp of EVOO 
1/2 tbsp of honey
1 tsp of brown sugar

(adjust ingredients if necessary)

Directions:

Mix all ingredients in a small bowl, cup, or any small container. Then put the lip scrub mixture in a small air tight container. Scrub should last for 1-3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment