As we are nearing Thanksgiving, I decided to make some chicken and sweet potato dog biscuits for Bree and Hazel so that they can enjoy a Thanksgiving treat also. They both enjoyed eating the treat and begged for more. The dog biscuits are not as hard or crunchy as I would prefer, but nonetheless, they both think it's yummy. Try it out for your special dog or pup. Recipe provided below. Check out the pictures too.
2 1/2 cups of wheat flour
6 tbsp chicken broth
1/2 cup of apple sauce
1 cup diced cooked sweet potato
1/2 cup of oats
1) Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2) Cook the diced sweet potato in a pot.
3) In a large bowl, add wheat flour and oats, and mix together.
4) Add chicken broth, apple sauce, and sweet potato, and mix together until it forms into a dough like consistency.
5) Roll dough with a rolling pin on a flat hard surface at a 1/4 inch and use your favorite cookie cutters.
6) Bake on a cookie sheet with parchment paper for about 25-45 minutes, depending on your oven as well as your preference on how hard you would like the biscuits.