Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Favorite Foundation Applications


Hi again,

I wanted to share with you some of my favorite foundation applications that I consistently use almost on a daily basis. The reason why these are my favorite applications to use is because I currently use the Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation and these applications help create a flawless look and allows applying foundation more effortlessly. I prefer a more dense, but yet still want some softness when applying. All of these applications were under $15, some can be found at Target and the others were purchased at IMATS. If you  haven't tried Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation, some say it's comparable to Mac's Studio Fix but for less. It gives a medium to full coverage, comes in a plethora of colors, and can be found in almost all drug stores, even Walmart and Target. However, this foundation dries quickly, but I found the best solution when using this foundation. You can spray your brushes, I prefer a flat top type of brush, with some distilled water, then dab a little bit of liquid foundation on your brush and start stippling on your face, and then buff away. You must work quickly, but spritzing on some water allows applying effortlessly. I pour only a little bit of foundation on my stainless steel palette so that I can dip my brush or sponge quite easily.

If you are attending IMATS in Toronto this weekend, try to pick up some Crown brushes because they are good quality and inexpensive and also the Mehron Face Smoothie, if you don't want to splurge on a Beauty Blender. It works great and doesn't crumble compared to Sonia Kashuk's.

Here are some of my current faves! (In order from picture above)

  1. Mehron Face Smoothie $10-14 (can't remember) - IMATS
  2. Sonia Kashuk Flat Top Foundation Brush $14 - Target
  3. ELF Flat Top Bronzer $3 - Target
  4. Crown Brush's Flat Top Foundation Brush - $7 - IMATS


No comments:

Post a Comment